All rules are at the final discretion of the race management team. No challenges will be permitted.
1. There will be no unofficial runners. Unofficial runners will be banned from taking part in future Centurion events.
2. Each runners bib number must be worn on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
3. Runners must follow the marked trail/ course at all times. Any runner caught deliberately cutting the course will be immediately disqualified.
4. Each runner must complete the entire course under his or her own power.
5. Runners may not store supplies of any kind along the trail.
6. Each runner must be checked IN to all aid stations. DO NOT RUN PAST WITHOUT HAVING YOUR NUMBER TAKEN. You will be disqualified if you are not registered together with your time at every aid station.
7. Cut-off times will be strictly enforced. There are cut offs at EVERY aid station. Runners reaching the finish after the final cut off will not be listed as official finishers and will not be eligible for awards.
8. In addition to medical information provided by the runner during the online registration process, runners must fully disclose at race registration, changes to existing medical conditions and all prescription medications being taken.
9. Runners compete in this event entirely at their own risk including but not limited to road crossings and all other hazards of the trail. There will be a full waiver to sign at registration. Runners refusing to sign the waiver will not be permitted to start.
10. Littering of any kind will result in immediate disqualification. Littering will threaten our use of the trails and the future of the race.
11. Any runner who is unable to finish the race must personally inform the aid station captain of the nearest checkpoint of his decision to withdraw. HE OR SHE MUST HAND IN HIS RACE NUMBER TO THE AID STATION CAPTAIN AT THAT TIME. This serves as official notice of a runner’s withdrawal from the race. Runners who leave the course without turning in their number will be classified as “lost,” initiating serach and rescue, for which the runner may be charged.
12. Runners are responsible for the actions of their crews. If your crew are deemed to have broken any of the runner race rules or separate rules for crews, the runner will be held accountable. Your crew act on YOUR behalf and based on YOUR instructions.
13. Minimum Entry Age in accordance with the UK Athletics permitting is 18 years of age.
14. Pacers are not permitted at any stage of the run.
15. Runners must carry the following mandatory equipment at all times. There are many options regards kit for fulfilling these requirements and those of other events. We stock what we believe to be the best options at our online store available by clicking here under the Mandatory Gear Section. Please ask us if you have any questions.
16. There will be mandatory gear checks at the start, on route, or at the finish. Failure to comply with the gear checks will result in disqualification.
17. Runners are not to be accompanied by dogs at any time whilst on course.
The footpaths, bridleways and roads on the course are used by, but not limited to, horse riders, walkers and mountain bikers. Please be aware of other people whilst you are running and be as polite and courteous as possible to them, making way when necessary, particularly to horses. You do not have priority over any other users out on the course, most will be totally unaware of the event taking place.
RULE VIOLATION PROCEDURE
Any protests to a ruling or of a runner to runner violation must be submitted by a registered entrant and must be lodged using the following procedure:
1. Report the alleged violation to the runner or his/her crew as the incident occurs. Enlist a fellow witness to the alleged violation if possible.
2. Report the alleged violation with the runner’s name and number to the next available aid station staff.
3. Report the alleged violation in writing at the finish line to the race director. All protests must be submitted by 6pm on Monday following the race. Written protest must include the name of the person who lodged the complaint.
4. Decision on all violations and rules is at the final discretion of the Race Management ONLY. There will be no challenges after that decision.